Friday, January 28, 2011

Flashback to June - Aug 2007

I didn't have to go to work this morning. So instead of studying for the deferred exam I have on Monday, why not try and sum up my entire summer of 2007 in one blog.
This was my first summer out of Newfoundland on my own. I was 18 and not used too traveling at all. Luckily I had my sister Sara with me, and 2 of our friends Billy and Brett coming along. It was all my idea to go to this camp, after all Adam was the one who told me about it. So of course once I told my family about this great camp I'm going to go too, Sara wanted to tag along. I loved the fact that Billy and Brett were coming though, just I wasn't to struck on Sara coming along. Who wants their skinnier, prettier sister going to an all boys summer sports camp with them anyways?
When we arrive it was like heaven the first week. Hot guys everywhere!!! And seriously only a scattered girl here and there. I think the ratio was 125 male staff and 19 female staff and 10 of them were over 40. So if you couldn't find a boyfriend at this camp there was something seriously wrong.
The camp is in the Berkshires in Massachusettes. Pittsfield was the town. Pittsfield felt like the equivalent of the Goulds in Newfoundland. Okay, maybe not the goulds but definitely Mount Pearl. There was hardly anything to do there!
I stayed at camp during the days. My job was a camp nanny. I had 2 young girls I had to take care of while their mom's worked at Winadu. I had a really easy job. Until the management decided it would be best for us to go to the girls camp, Danbee during the days. Why would I want to go to an all girls camp? I was rotted. I signed up for this all boys camp not to be carted off to a camp where it was female infested. I listened and did what I was told though and went to this all girls camp pretty much everyday. I mean it wasn't that bad, just I was the new counselor there and everyone already new each other and formed their groups. I did make a couple close girlfriends while I was there, and they kept me sane from 9am-5pm.
Winadu started off pretty slowly for me. I was meeting lots of hot guys from all over the world, but generally our introductions would be followed by, "your sister is so hot! hook me up". Sorry guys but that is not something I want to hear! Whenever I would hear that i would feel like throwing rocks and their heads.
I did make some really great friends the first week like Lindsay and Kayleigh who I was living with in a cabin. Me and Sara shared a teenie tiny room in the cabin but at least ours had a door on it.
So at the end of the first week of camp I had finally found myself a smokin hot, muscular, tall, dark, handsome athletic guy to spend my summer with. Right? Wrong! Instead I found myself a short, english, geeky maintenance guy. I wish I was joking. His name was Rory. Now referred to as the "r" word, between me and Jonnie.
Jonnie was also a maintenance guy. Except Jonnie was a beautiful maintenance guy. He, like Rory, was also from England. They both lived together in a tiny cabin that had worms everywhere. I started hanging out with Rory more and more and then the rumors started flying around camp about us. I defnitely wore the pants in that fling. He was always asking what are we, is this going to lead into something more? I wanted to smack him whenever he would ask something like that, I kind of knew how guys must feel when their asked that. My answer was you can be my camp boyfriend if it will make you happy. It worked for him! So I guess I had my first camp boyfriend.
We messed around for about 3 days. 3 days. That was it. I couldn't take it. We were in to the second week of camp and I was starting to get crushes on other boys, more beautiful boys. I didnt want to stay in Rorys little tiny smelly cabin with him. So I started distancing myself away from him. I wouldn't make time for him, and in the evenings I would go to the bar we called the Depot.
I started talking to the Basketball Area head Jimmy more and more. He was 6"8, tanned, blonde hair, not a beautiful guy but he was a step up from Rory. He was an authority figure which was what i liked. He, like many other camp boys would ask if I was with Rory but I would deny it, that when I knew i had to stop the whole Rory situation. The only catch with Jimmy was... he was engaged. But thats not a big deal? I mean I don't have to ever meet his fiancee! Or see her. So I can just pretend she doesn't exist.. right?
Week 3 begins and Rory corners me and askes whats going on and why I havent been spending time with him. So we sit down in the computer room and chat for a bit. And before I could break the news to him he grabbed my hand and playfully said "love you ashley".
Run, hide get out of there!!!!!! Run awayyyyyy.... Did he really just say that? I knew he was still damaged from an ex girlfriend but did he really just say that? Maybe it was a joke. But it didn't seem like a joke. I made up some stupid excuse like any other coward would do and I left the room and never looked back. I didn't even give the boy a proper breakup I just totally avoided him until he caught on. It was very mean of me to do that, but cmon I was only 18 and surrounded by hot men all day everyday. My judgement was polluted.
Jimmy and I started talking more and more and the days progressed. He would even talk to me about his fiancee (usually when he was drunk). One night in particular he was super drunk at the depot telling me about how she was on a cruise with her girlfriends and he was convinced she was cheating on him. I dont know if this was all true or if this was his scheme to get me into bed with him. But either way it worked. I got a ride back to camp with him and another couple guys. Jimmy had his own room in the lodge (where no girls were allowed to be) where 4 of us continued back to his room to drink. It didnt take the other 2 guys long to realize that what me and jimmy went back to the room for was not to drink, not alcohol anyways. They left shortly and it wasn't long before Jimmy and I were ripping each others clothes off and jumping into his bed.
And Jimmy still holds his record for the biggest penis I have ever seen. It was huge. It was a monster, a one eyed cyclopse, an extra leg, ok.. ill stop now. You get the hint. I had tears streaming down my face once he finally worked that thing into my body. I couldn't even really enjoy it. I was too young. I didn't appreciate sex like I do now. I was having sex with him so I could say I had sex with one of the Head guys. I mean im sure some part of me had to enjoy it but I can always remember only wanting to have sex once, that was always enough. And i would always make up excuses why I couldn't fuck him because I was busy. And that is not the real Ashley! Very few rumors circulated about myself and Jimmy. Whatever ones did were shut down immediately before they could make their rounds. Jimmy was an intimidating guy so no one wanted to start rumors and have to answer to him anyways. Did I mention Jimmy was 28? Yeah he was 10 years older than me. So when I he was 22 I was 12. hmmm that doesn't sound right. ..
We were about halfway through camp in the fourth week when we had parent visiting day. Thats when all the parents of the campers and significant others for the area heads and higher manaement would come visit. Boy did I ever get a shocker that day. I walked in the dining hall with my two little rugrats to get them some lunch. They ran over to our usual table while I went and got us some Lunch. By the time I got our lunches and walked back to the table the girls had left me a seat at. There was only one spot at the table. I was sitting next to Jimmy and across from his fiance.. Great. When you don't know what the other girl looks like, talks like, how she looks at him, its much easier to screw around with him. But now shes a real person. Who's extremely nice and is constantly saying how much she loves the man im fucking. Then to make matters worse she starts talking about the wedding. I thought I was going to be sick. Don't think this situation could get any worse. Wrong. Jimmy decides he wants to get frisky under the table. So he starts sliding his hand up my shorts. I was mortified. Normally I probably would enjoy this, but not under these circumstances. I kept smacking his hand away non-chalently but he just thought I was being playful. Finally when he tried for a second finger I pushed his hand down and jumped up to go to the bathroom. Probably the first time I ever didn't finish a deep fried chicken meal.
The summer was reaching an end. I didn't want it to end at all. I loved camp, I loved all my new friends and the routine. I didn't want to go back to cold Newfoundland and go to MUN. I loved all the attention the boys gave me. I dont care if their only giving me attention cause im one of the only girls at camp, whatever, attention is attention right?
I was starting to sleep with Jimmy less and less. No reason in particular, it wasn't even because of the fiance. I wish that was the reason but I didnt seem to let that bother me too much. I just didn't really like him like that so I never really wanted to have sex. Plus he was a nympho and I knew if I went to sleep for a night we would actually not sleep at all.
The guys at camp were starting to like me more than Sara. And I was enjoying every minute of it. They started saying that she was a bitch and had a shit personality and somehow it made me feel so much better about myself. I guess in some cases personality does count for something right?
When camp was over it was a sad time for me. Camp made me feel good about myself. I enjoyed what I was doing and I enjoyed the people I was surrounded with. I was positive I was going back next year. I already told the directiors I would be back and they were happy to have me. They didn't know their innocent 18 year old camp nanny was whoring around with the engaged basketball head. I preferred to keep it that way. After camp I travelled to New York and Miami with my friends from England....

No comments:

Post a Comment