Friday, January 28, 2011

Cocaine Jane

I booked a new flight for Sunday. That gave me all day saturday to sleep and recover from my coked out night. I was excited to get to Fort Wayne and see Jake, that was the only reason I was motivated to leave. He ended up calling me after the night I told him I would be there, and texted a few times. So all was forgiven. The sex was too good to stay mad anyways.

I packed my bags Saturday night. Mitch sat in the room giving me numerous reasons why I should stay in California. They were quite convincing. In 5 years you will need a degree to work at McDonalds, why bother. I was not looking forward to spending another full day in an airport either. Especially with the all the extra security and line ups. When I was going over everything i found my coke bag. Jesus!! I can't imagine if I left that in there going through security. "Yeah well they scan all your cards and they can find traces on those as well. For up to 72 hours after you use it!" Mitch chimed in. Yeah right. That's never happened. He's full of shit anyways.

We put my suitcase downstairs in the lobby because I have to leave at 4:30am and don't want to make noise bringing it down. A few people are in the movie room so we go in as well. I sat next to Kyle, the manager of the hostel. He is a sweet Australian, not very cute but personality makes him more attractive. He started playing with my hair and i immediately started falling asleep and not watching the movie. How sweet of him, if I had a big brother I would want him to be like Kyle. I keep drifting in and out, my head rolling back and forth as I tried to force myself to stay awake. I feel a cold breeze on my lower back which makes me perk up a bit. Then I get goosebumps shooting up and down my arms and legs. Kyle's hand is sliding down pants straight toward my vagina. You can't be serious. I look at him and his head is turned the opposite way while his fingers are at my inner thighs at this point. Do I make it awkward and make him stop? Or do I just let him. With Lesley's lecture in the back of my head about self-respect, i whipped his hand out of my pants and abruptly got up and exited the room. "Wife, where you going wife?" Mitch wasn't long chasing after me. I didn't bother telling him the real reason I got up, he probably would of went in and bitch slapped kyle and made things incredibly awkward. Instead I just tell him I was tired and wanted to go to sleep. He crawls in to my single bed with me and we share our last 4 hours together.

I wake up at 5:08am. Fuck!!!! My flight leaves at 6:25am plus a 15 minute ride to the airport. Why do I always miss flights? I jump out of bed, grab my purse and dial the cab company. After what seems like eternity the cab finally pulls up and I jump in telling him to go as fast as possible. Theres no traffic so we make excellent timing. I get to the airport 5:32am. They were just about to stop taking passengers! Thank god. Something goes my way for once. I quicken my pace into a fast walk as I head for security. Looks like i'm one of the only people here. I start taking off my shoes and a security officer comes over with a wand of some sort with a cloth at the end saying she needs a hand sample. A what?? I've never heard of it before. So I flip my hand over and she wipes the cloth of the palm of my hand and fingers then smiles and goes into a little room behind the security stand. How many times have I washed my hands since I was doing coke? I have a bad habit of never washing my hands. Manny always said it would catch up to me. Two new heads pop up from the room, followed by the woman that took my sample. She nodded her head at the men and they stalked over in my direction. Jesus, act normal Ashley. I could feel my face burning as I visualized myself getting thrown in jail for life. "Could you show me your id or passport please?", the first guy, the meaner looking man asked. I fumbled around in my purse and handed him my passport. He stared at it for a few seconds then said he was going to have to search my purse. Oh god. I didn't wash off my cards after using them to crush the coke. I couldn't help but let a groan escape my lips. Both the men shot me a quizzical look and went back to rummaging through my purse.

"Why do you have 2 wallets in here?". I totally forgot that not only did I have my wallet in my purse, I also stole my sisters wallet and had hers in there as well. I had my license in her wallet and her license in mine (For when I go to the car rental and show them her license pretending its mine). I quickly explained that I was just on vacation with my sister and she left her wallet so I took it for her. That was an easy lie that was totally believable. They opened up my wallet and looked at the license and looked at me, after a few seconds he threw that one back in the purse realizing that must of been my sisters. Then he picked up Leannes wallet, seen my drivers license in it and took that in the room. The other security guard grabbed my purse and did a through inspection of that, giving up after 3 or 4 minutes of finding nothing but dirty tissues, sticky lipgloss, old food wrappers, few condoms. Nothing illegal. He went in the room and for a second, came out with a disappointed look on his face followed by the other officer. He handed me "my" wallet with the cards all removed and laid in a circular bowl. He muttered something about a routine inspection and walked off towards the little room. I finally let out a loud breath. I was covered in beads of sweat. The other security guards had all been staring at me the whole time as I stood at the end of the conveyer waiting for them to come back for my arrest.

Soon as I get through the 25 minute security I run to the gate. I was already late and this made it even worse. If I wasn't sweating before i was certainly sweating now. I smacked off every person with my carry on bag and purse until I finally made it to my seat. I kept my purse in my lap. When i'm finally sitting with my seat belt on I tear open my purse and grab my wallet. I pull out my visa card and sure enough just like I remember, every number on the card has a white sugar coating. The card had enough coke on it for a small rip. Honestly ever number and my name looked like someone painted white fringes on it. For once in my life I sat there thanking god for how lucky I was. If security searched both wallets like they should of, I would be in jail. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment